- Felix is charming, colourful and movingPosted 3 months ago
- Celebrate Heritage Day with Black Coffee at Old Mutual Music At The LakePosted 3 months ago
- STR.CRD stays in Jozi but moves venue in its 4th yearPosted 3 months ago
- Maxwell finally touring South Africa + Tickets now on salePosted 3 months ago
- Channel O Africa Music Awards celebrates 10 yearsPosted 3 months ago
- Bafana Bafana vs Botswana: WIN TICKETS!Posted 3 months ago
- Kendrick Lamar headed to our shoresPosted 3 months ago
- Bafana Bafana vs Nigeria: WIN TICKETS!!Posted 4 months ago
- Bodybuilding: Special Focus on Mr. Olympia 2013Posted 4 months ago
- R Kelly is headed back to South AfricaPosted 5 months ago
Castle Milk Stout launches UNPLUGGED
After their re-branding exercise last year, Castle Milk Stout are set on ensuring that their name and products do not fizzle out in the assortment of beer brands available in the country like it happened a few years ago.
Remember the series of events where tastemakers were to dinner and loads of Castle Milk Stout, up in the air? I even experienced this dainty myself during last year’s Durban July. During these marvellous and intimate events, they showcased some of the best musical acts the country has to offer.
A year later, they are extending that support of local musicians. Just this past weekend, once more during the festivities at the Durban July, they launched a series of events dubbed UNPLUGGED. This project seeks to cement Castle Milk Stout as a proudly South African brand, while giving the consumers another intimate, thrilling and engaging experience as they enjoy the talents of our local artists; who will playing a series of unplugged shows.
Below are details about UNPLUGGED, including more information of when and where these one-of-a-kind concerts will be taking place over the next few months.
The young man sitting at the magnificent lounge in Durban could pass for any other hardworking guy in South Africa, trying to take a ‘timeout’ from the hustle and bustle of life. Eyes shut, head tilted back, his foot is tapping to the smooth sounds of relaxing, unplugged music, performed live by some of South Africa’s finest artists. What sets him apart is what he has in his hand – a
tall, cold glass of Castle Milk Stout. Like the real music he’s listening to and the company he’s enjoying, the rich, dark, velvety-smooth taste of Castle Milk Stout is all that he’s been looking forward to, to help him unwind, and savour this very
When performing live, unplugged music, every element must be top-notch: the music, the lyrics, and the vocalists. And when all of these elements come together, it is heaven on earth. Such music is like a conversation with a close friend and the vocalist is your confidant, speaking directly to you in an exquisite voice and sonorous tone. You are overcome – you feel chills, your throat
tightens, your eyes flood. Such is the power of a vocalist, who can take the meaning and emotion from a lyric, and multiply it one hundred fold. The person who takes this time to stop and savour unplugged music, is the same person who understands the value of a tall cold glass of Castle Milk Stout.
On the 7th of July 2012 Castle Milk Stout announced it will be hosting a series of intimate, live unplugged music performances featuring some of Mzanzi’s top artists. These sessions are aimed at giving the hardworking Milk Stout guy an opportunity to slow down, and take time out to savour the moment.
The unplugged sessions were officially launched to the press at one of South Africa’s premier events, the Durban July, with live unplugged performances by three of South Africa’s finest musicians, Zonke, Liquideep and the dulcet sounds of Kabomo, whose ability to keep the audience transfixed puts them in a class of
“Castle Milk Stout has always given those who enjoy the full-flavoured taste of quality dark roasted malt something to savour,” says Tebogo Motsepe, Brand Campaign Manager for Castle Milk Stout. “Now we are bringing South Africans an occasion to match, a chance to slow things down, to unwind and take the time to appreciate the good things in life.”
According to Motsepe, the campaign taps into an insight, that we often don’t take the time to be conscious of the great moments we experience: “There is one thing that we all wish we had more of, and that is time to escape from the demanding lives we live and simply unwind over a rich, cold beer, while enjoying beautiful, live music in the company of good friends. Castle Milk Stout
The launch event in Durban will be followed by six national events:
• Johannesburg on the 15th of August at Shine Studios in Braamfontein. Patrons and their friends will be treated to the smooth sounds of Zonke, Mi Casa, Kabelo and Afro’traction, whilst savouring a chilled Milk Stout and enjoying the view of the scenic Mandela Bridge, one of Jozi’s favourite landmarks.
• The City of Tshwane will also get its turn be unplugged on the 29th of August, with Castle Milk Stout hosting an unplugged music experience at the Grand Capitol Theatre, known for its magnificent art deco. The venue is the ideal platform for a refined and personal music performance from AKA, Zonke, Kabomo, and Mi Casa whilst sipping on a smooth, Milk Stout.
• Coco C’s laid-back glamour makes it the perfect venue for a Castle Milk Stout unplugged music performance. On the 8th of September, the wellknown Bloemfontein spot will offer good friends an opportunity to pause and enjoy one another’s company under the spell of a long, velvety sip of Castle Milk Stout, while Zonke, Theo and Liquideep’s authentic rich tunes make the moment even more memorable.
• The stylish McArthur Baths, situated next to the ocean in Port Elizabeth will be transformed into an oasis of sorts on the 22nd of September. The audience will be able to relax, and enjoy the moment with Zonke, Khuli Chana, Mi Casa and Afro’traction, who will be performing on a stage over the water. An experience not to be missed!
• Castle Milk Stout’s unplugged music sessions return to Durban on the 13th of October at the Coastlands on The Ridge. The venue is designed for those who appreciate the finer things in life. Little can match the opportunity to create genuine moments with genuine people while sipping on a quality Castle Milk Stout, to the soulful sounds of Lira, Khuli Chana, Liquideep and Kabelo.
• Finally, if you find yourself in the Mother City on the 1st of November, the place to be is The Lookout at the V&A Waterfront, where you will be serenaded by Mi Casa, Afro’traction and AKA.
The truth is, despite the hustle and bustle of life and its demands, there are still some things for which it is worth slowing down, and what better reason to do so than for the rare opportunity to enjoy the combination of quality music, quality people and quality beer? So while you hit the ‘pause’ button on your busy life, let Castle Milk Stout hit ‘play’ on some smooth, refined, live performances you can really savour.
These exclusive musical experiences are ‘by-invite-only’. Lucky fans will be able to get hold of tickets via Facebook (CastleMilkStout) and radio competitions throughout the duration of the campaign and at several national events that will be advertised on www.castlemilkstout.co.za, so keep a lookout for them.
There it is folks. In true Castle Milk Stout fashion, get ready to “Pause, Unwind and Savour The Moment”. If you wanna be part of this sizzling experience, be sure to check out the platforms mentioned just above. Maybe we’ll be giving away tickets to some of these events, who knows? Particularly, the PE and Durban and Cape Town line-ups look really good. Keep it locked down here.